- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Flour (this is plain flour)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1/4 Pound Butter
- 1 Dessert Spoon Golden Syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon Bi Carb Soda
- 2 Tablespoons Boiling Water
- Pinch Salt
- Mix all dry ingredients together
- Add butter/soda mixture last
- Put a teaspoon of mixture on greased tin and bake until brown
Now – the recipe I have been using for the past 20 years only varies slightly from my Granma’s. My recipe calls for a 1/4 cup of golden syrup and uses white sugar instead of brown – so I decided to give Granma’s recipe a taste test this morning.
My husband Terry and I stood there rolling a double batch of biscuits – just so we could have some to send home with the grandkids!!
Our conclusions: Yum Yum Didily Yumious !!! The brown sugar makes a lovely difference to the overall taste – I recommend EVERYONE tries it!!